- Turkish bread
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 thin slices Prosciutto
- 4 large flat Mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 1/2 cup Hommus dip
- 60g Baby Rocket lettuce
I substituted Cabbage for the rocket, since I already had it for the Bitzer Salad. This was the only change to ingredients -- at least the only one I had planned beforehand.
- Cut two 10cm (or the diameter of the mushrooms) lengths of the Turkish bread, and split them in half. Spray both sides of these slices with oil.
- Wrap each mushroom with two slices of Proscuitto and pin them down with a toothpick. Also spray these with oil.
- Preheat a barbeque plate (I used a griller) on full-power, then turn down to medium. Cook the mushrooms and bread slices for 2-3 minutes each side or until the Mushroom is tender and the bread is toasted.
- Spread the bread with a tablespoon of the hommus and top with the rocket/cabbage.
- Remove the toothpicks (I didn't do this, because I thought the parcels would fall apart -- I should have warned the guests they were still in, though) and place the mushroom parcels atop the rocket/cabbage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.