- 1 Eggplant
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 flat Mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 2 large ripe Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 Bocconcini cheeses, sliced
- 1/3 cup small Basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices Crusty Bread
- Cut eggplant into slices. Spray eggplant and mushrooms with oil
- As with the first dish, preheat a barbeque plate (I used a griller) on full-power, then turn down to medium. Cook eggplant for 3 minutes per side and mushrooms for 2 minutes per side, or until both are tender and golden.
- Serve atop bread slices, stacked in the order of eggplant, mushroom, tomato, bocconcini. Drizzle a small amount of extra-virgin oil on top, and season with salt and pepper.