- 600 grams Chicken breast fillets, skin-free, trimmed of fat
- 125 grams Pad-Thai Rice Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 6 Shallots/Spring Onions, cut into chunks
- 1 Red Capsicum, sliced
- 150 grams Baby Corn
- ¾ cup Cashew Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketjap Manis
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Cut chicken into stir-fry strips
- Place noodles into heat-resistant bowl, and cover with boiliing water. Leave stand for five minutes, while preparing sauce mix. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water.
- Line chicken strips with cornflour while pre-heating wok to high heat.
- Coat wok with small portion of oil and fry chicken strips in batches, keeping them aside while preparing each successive batch.
- Recoat wok with remaining oil, and fry vegetables.
- Add chicken, sauce and noodles, and cook for a minute or two or until heated through.
- Mix in Cashews and serve.
When preparing the dish today, I had it finished while recording was still in progress. So I put the mix on a low-as-possible backburner to keep it warm, and took this photo in the meantime. To prevent it drying-out, I drizzled a small amount of Soy Sauce with Garlic over the mix.